Are you looking for the best stuffed pork tenderloin recipe ever? Well, look no further. This flavorful stuffed pork tenderloin makes an elegant main course for any gathering. It pairs well with most traditional side dishes and tastes delicious!
How do you cut a Pork Tenderloin to stuff it?
This easy pork loin recipe requires you to cut it so you can stuff it. You will butterfly both pieces by cutting halfway through the meat lengthwise, without cutting all the way through. Then, pound and stuff each piece with apples and feta cheese, as described below in the recipe.
How do you keep this apple stuffed pork loin from drying out?
Place your pork loin with the fat side facing up in your roasting pan. By having the fat side up, this will allow the fat layer to baste the roast with the juices as it cooks.
Ingredients for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
Make sure you select pork tenderloin instead of a regular pork loin roast. Tenderloins are longer and narrower than loin roasts, and they normally weigh around 1 pound each. Therefore, a two-pound (or slightly larger) package will contain two individual pieces of meat.Print
The best stuffed Pork Tenderloin. This stuffed pork loin recipe has apples, feta cheese, mushrooms, and onions. The Rosemary, glove, and cinnamon pair amazingly with the other ingredients. You can fix this for a Holiday meal or any day of the week.
2–2½ lbs. pork tenderloin, butterflied
½ c. unsweetened apple juice
½ c. Riesling, or other sweet white wine
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 small Gala apples, peeled and diced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 c. white mushrooms, sliced
2 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground cloves
1/3 c. dates, chopped
6 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Let pork tenderloin rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine apple juice and white wine in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a clean, dry work surface. Add the butterflied tenderloins on top of the plastic and cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap. Pound the meat with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is approximately 1/3” thick throughout. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped apples, red onion, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft and mushrooms and onion are browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
5. Add rosemary, cinnamon, and cloves to the skillet and cook for another minute or two, or until the spices become fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped dates and crumbled Feta.
6. Spread the stuffing mixture onto the prepared pork tenderloins and roll up tightly. Secure the roasts with kitchen string or toothpicks.
7. Carefully transfer the tenderloins to a large roasting pan. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of each roast with the apple cider/wine mixture, then pour half of the remaining liquid into the pan. Sprinkle roasts lightly with salt and black pepper, if desired, before placing the pan into the pre-heated oven.
8. Baste the pork with the remaining apple cider mixture every 10-15 minutes while it cooks. Check for doneness after 50 minutes and continue cooking until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the pork reads just below 145°F. (Temperature will increase while the meat rests).
Remove from oven and cover pan loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before removing the kitchen string or toothpicks. Slice and serve immediately with a drizzle of pan juices. Enjoy!
Tip: Total cooking time will vary based on a number of factors, including individual oven temperatures, thickness of the roasts, and the starting internal temperature of the meat. Check temperature after 50 minutes and adjust final cooking time accordingly.
Keywords: apple stuffed pork loin, best stuffed pork tenderloin recipe
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES? CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES