I truly love a traditional Caesar Salad, but this kale Caesar salad just brings an amazing twist to an already great salad. The combination of kale, avocados, and parmesan cheese with a handful of nuts or pumpkin seeds.
Kale is loaded with antioxidants and is a great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It is also known to help lower cholesterol. You can read more about its benefits at Healthline.
Avocados are loaded with fiber, contain more potassium than bananas, and can also help to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. You can also read more at Heathline.
How To Make Avocado Kale Caesar Salad
To start you will want to wash, dry, and cut the kale, removing the stems. Cut avocado, reserving one half for the salad topping. Place diced avocado pieces in a food processor. Combined with water, lemon juice, Greek Yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Blend to a creamy consistency adding water to thin out as you desire. I like to also add pepper and garlic salt.
Top chopped kale with dressing. Add the other half of the diced avocado, shaved parmesan cheese, pepitas, and chickpeas. Salt and Pepper to taste.Print
Kale Caesar Salad - A simple salad that's great for lunch or as a side dish. Fresh kale with avocado, seeds, nuts, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch kale, remove stems
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- garlic salt and pepper to taste - OPTIONAL
- Pumpkin Seeds, pepitas, pine nuts or chickpeas
- Parmesan Cheese
- Remove stems and chop kale
- Cut avocado in half and reserve one half for the salad toppings. Blend in food process avocado, greek yogurt, water, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Toss salad with dressing, add remaining avocado. You can top with parmesan cheese. pumpkin seeds and chickpeas.
Keywords: Avocado Kale Caesar Salad
Want to remember this? Post this Avocado Kale Salad Recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!
Try Some Of Our Other Soup and Salad Recipes