What is in easy keto egg roll in a bowl?
These egg rolls have pork sausage, cabbage, carrot, ginger, garlic, onion and sesame oil. It will only take you about 30 minutes to make this wonderful dish. You can eat this as a meal itself or you can pair it with one of your other favorite keto dishes. I guarantee that this will also become one of your favorites. It is packed with flavor.
What Kind of meat do I use for easy keto egg rolls in a bowl?
You can use either pork or beef in this recipe. When eating Keto, it’s really important to have high quality meat that has healthy fat in it.
Grass-fed, organic meat is:
- lower in calories
- contains healthy fats and is high in omega 3s
- supports normal blood sugar levels
This egg roll bowl recipe does call for a few items that you may or may not find at your local grocery store. Just depends on your location. If you can not find them you can always order them here:
Want more keto recipes?
1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
¼ c. water
3 c. green cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
½ t. garlic powder
2 T. toasted sesame oil
½ T. fresh ginger, finely minced
2 T. green onions, chopped
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. coconut aminos or tamari (soy sauce substitute)
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.
Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
2. Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
3. Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
1 T. toasted sesame seeds
Keywords: Keto egg roll in a bowl