If you are looking for Keto breakfast ideas, this is a good one to try. I know how hard it can be to stick to eating healthier when you start to get tired of the same old same old. This offers you a little twist. It gives you something to hold in your hands and make you think you are eating a biscuit from your favorite fast food place.
Bunless Keto Breakfast Sandwich
If you are following Keto or trying to eat low carb then you probably have already heard about "Cloud Bread". If you don't know, Cloud bread is high in protein and low in carbs. Which makes it perfect for Keto.
I find that not having bread is very hard to do. I love it, and so does my waist. Now I can have the perfect breakfast sandwich. Here it is paired with cheddar cheese, bacon, and avocado but you can also make it with sausage, egg, and cheese or however you would like. Just use your imagination.Print
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 thick-cut slices bacon, cooked crispy
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat® baking mats. Set aside.
2. Add the 6 egg whites to the bowl of a stand-mixer or a large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese with 4 egg yolks and the garlic powder. (Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another use). Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Working in batches, gently fold the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula just until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Do not overwork.
5. Spoon approximately a quarter cup of the mixture on the prepared baking sheets to create 8 circles. Gently spread the mixture into one-half inch high circles, leaving some space between each circle. (The mounds will spread a bit while baking).
6. Bake until the egg rounds become golden and fully set in the center, approximately 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and trim each egg round with the cookie cutter, if desired. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on four of the circles and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes.
8. Remove baking sheet from oven and top each of the rounds with cheddar with 2-3 avocado slices, a thin slice of tomato, and one strip of bacon broken in half. Top with the remaining egg rounds and serve immediately with 2 additional strips of crispy bacon on the side. Enjoy!
Use a round cookie cutter to trim the egg rounds after baking
Keywords: Keto Avocado Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich