This keto one-skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thigh recipe is so easy to make. You can have dinner ready in 30 minutes. It is not only keto friendly it is delicious!!
How do I make this keto one skillet mozzarella chicken thigh recipe ?
Everything for this mozzarella chicken is made in one skillet. Which who doesn't love that...less clean up. This starts out on the stove top and finishes in the oven. You will start by rubbing olive oil on the chicken thighs and sprinkling both sides with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Next, cook the keto one-skillet mozzarella chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes per side until you have a golden crust.
Remove from heat, add butter, chicken broth and cherry tomatoes. You can use our homemade chicken broth recipe or your favorite brand.
Top each piece of chicken with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and the remaining Italian seasoning.
Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
What else can you pair with this Mozzarella chicken meal?
We like to pair this keto one-skillet Mozzarella chicken with our loaded cauliflower au gratin. This keto side dish is amazing and makes this a complete meal.Print
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 T. unsalted butter
¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ t. red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
3. Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
4. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
5. Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
6. To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Enjoy!
Sprigs fresh basil
*Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
Keywords: One Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
Want to learn more about the Ketogenic Diet?
Read more on going keto here.