I first had these O Charley's caramel pies just a few weeks ago at a family get together. They are amazingly delicious! Rich with caramel and topped with cool whip.. all which I love.? My husband also enjoyed these and ever since he has been after me to make them. Unlike me needing to focus on a healthy lifestyle and the need to lose some weight, my husband can eat anything and everything and never gain a pound. Therefore, I do cook and bake a variety of things. I myself do not always eat what I make but I did enjoy one of these pies ? Shout out to our niece Libby who made these at our family get together. Go check her out on Instagram @ Delightful Designs by Libby She can design you a custom shirt, sweatshirt or decals!
What Ingredients do you need to make O Charley's caramel pies?
You only need 5 ingredients to make these delicious pies. 2- 14-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk. 2 packages of mini graham pie crust ( 6 in each package). 1 Tub of Cool whip or Reddi whip and mini or regular chocolate chips.
How do you make caramel pies?
Remove labels from sweetened condensed milk and place it in a pot and completely cover with cold water. Bring to boil slowly and boil for 3 hours. Cans can explode so always keep an eye on them. You want to keep adding water so that the cans are always covered. Every 30 minutes use tongs to turn cans. Cool for about an hour.
Next, pour the caramel into the pie crust. Put pies in the refrigerator and let cool. Once completely cooled, you can then top with cool whip and chocolate chips.
Return pies to the refrigerator for 8 hours before serving.
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 container of cool whip
- 2 packs of 6 mini graham cracker pies
- Remove labels from sweetened condensed milk and place in a pot and completely cover with cold water
- Bring to boil slowly and boil for 3 hours. Cans can explode so always keep an eye on them
- Keep adding water so that the cans are always covered
- Every 30 minutes use tongs to turn cans
- Cool for about an hour
- Carefully open cans and pour caramel into the mini pie crust
- Let caramel cool completely in the refrigerator, then top with cool whip and chocolate chips
- Return to refrigerator and chill for 8 hours before serving
Keywords: caramel pies, O'Charley's copycat caramel pies