Want a fun and festive way to celebrate the holidays? If so, you’ll definitely want to give these peppermint martinis a try! Your guests will love the crushed candy cane rim that complements the chocolate and peppermint flavors perfectly.
TIP: Make sure you use the white crème de cacao for this recipe. The taste of the dark version works well, but it won’t give you the look you are after.
Do I need anything special to make these peppermint martinis?Print
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka, chilled
- 1 oz. white crème de cacao, chilled
- 1 oz. Peppermint schnapps, chilled
3 oz. peppermint candy, crushed
¼ fresh lime
small candy canes
- Place peppermint candy in a plastic bag and cover with a towel. Pound bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the candy is crushed into very small pieces. Transfer crushed candy pieces to a flat plate.
- Run a small wedge of lime around the rim of a martini glass until it is very well moistened. Turn the martini glass upside down and place moistened rim onto plate of crushed peppermints. Turn the glass gently to ensure the entire rim is evenly coated.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, crème de cacao, and peppermint schnapps. Shake vigorously until thoroughly combined. Strain chilled liquid into a prepared martini glass and add a small candy cane, if desired. Serve immediately.