This Pineapple Casserole is an amazing flavor of uniquely paired ingredients. Pineapple, cheese, and a ritz cracker topping that is always a hit. Is it a side or a dessert? It can be both!
The first time I made this my family was very skeptical. Honestly, I can completely understand why they were. I mean pineapple and cheddar cheese?? With a buttery cracker topping? The combination just did not sound too great. BUT.. they loved it!! So much that the week following they requested that I make it again.
Pineapple Cheese Casserole
Some people call this Pineapple Casserole, Pineapple Cheese Casserole, Scalloped Pineapple, Pineapple Casserole with Ritz crackers, or even Baked Pineapple. No matter what you call it, it's just plain delicious! There is something about the combination that will leave your mouth watering. As I mentioned before, you can eat this as a side or a dessert. Some may even consider it more of a dessert with all that amazing sweetness. But don't count it out as a wonderful side dish especially with your Ham. They really go great together.
What Ingredients do I need to Make Pineapple Casserole with Ritz Crackers?
- Shredded Cheese
- Canned Pineapple Chunks
- Ritz Crackers
This easy, delicious Pineapple Casserole can be made as a side dish or as a dessert. Sweet and Savory.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- 8 oz. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 - 20 oz. cans Pineapple Chunks drained. Reserve 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1-2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers, about 6 oz. ( crumbled )
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare an 11x7 in a casserole dish with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl combined flour, sugar, cheese, pineapple and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 11x7 casserole dish
- In a separate bowl mix cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over pineapple mixture
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top
Keywords: Pineapple Casserole, Scalloped Pineapple, Baked Pineapple, Pineapple Cheese Casserole, Cheesy Ritz Pineapple Casserole
Want to remember this? Post this Pineapple Casserole Recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!