The weather is a little dreary today. It is cold and wet out so whats better than a warm bowl of tomato soup!
I have always loved tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches since I was a young child. I think we must have ate this for lunch at least once a week. It is one of those things that gives me warm fond memories of my childhood!
This roasted tomato soup is healthy and dairy-free. Made with all fresh ingredients. You can make this anytime of the year.
Main Ingredients needed to make Roasted Tomato Soup
Roma tomatoes, halved.
Red Bell Peppers, deseeded and quartered
Fennel, thinly sliced
Carrots, cut in half lengthwise
Shallots, remove outer skin and halved
Garlic, smashed and peeled
Arrange the tomatoes, peppers, fennel, carrots, shallots and garlic in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
Just look how yummy these roasted vegetables are!! They are full of flavor too! I could honestly just eat them like this but then I would miss out on this wonderful soup.
Transfer these roasted veggies to a large soup pot and add 4 cups of chicken broth. Cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
Now lets talk about how you will transform this into a delicious Roasted Tomato Soup
I prefer to use an Immersion blender but if you do not have one you can use a blender. Just be careful transferring the hot mixture into the blender.
Blend the contents of the soup pot until completely smooth. Stir in the coconut milk and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
How can you store this delicious Roasted Tomato Soup?
You can store this soup in the refrigerator for several days or it can be frozen. I like to make a double batch and freeze for a quick lunch or dinner when I do not have the time, or feel like cooking.Print
Healthy, dairy-free Roasted Tomato Soup.
1½ lbs. Roma tomatoes, halved
2 medium red bell peppers, deseeded and quartered
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
2 large carrots, cut in half lengthwise
2 medium shallots, outer skin removed and halved
4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
4 cups organic chicken broth
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Arrange the tomatoes, red peppers, fennel, carrots, shallots, and garlic in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine and sprinkle veggies with fresh thyme leaves.
3. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until vegetables are tender and lightly charred, approximately 20-25 minutes.
4. Transfer the roasted veggies and any juices from the baking sheet to a large soup pot and add chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and and bubbly. Remove from heat.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend contents of the soup pot until completely smooth. Stir in the coconut milk and fresh basil, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: Roasted Tomato Soup Paleo