These poppers are so easy to make. You can also prepare these and keep uncooked in the freezer until ready to use them. They are great to make ahead for the holidays or for an anytime appetizer. I think just about everyone loves a sausage cheese popper!
How to Make Sausage Cheese Popper
6 ingredients is all you need to make these super tasty poppers. You can customize how hot you make these. If you would rather them be more mild, then you can always use mild sausage vs hot sausage.
Ingredients you need:
Monterrey Jack Cheese
Can of jalapeno peppers
Hot or Mild Italian Sausage ( remove casing)
Pre heat oven 400°F , Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray. Once you have drained the jalapeno peppers and removed the casing from the sausage, add them and all other ingredients in a bowl.
You can use melon baller to scoop your mixture and roll into a tight ball. Layer on your baking sheet. Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator and then bake and enjoy!Print
Sausage Cheese Poppers !!
These poppers have the best combination of sausage, cheese and jalapeno!
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chunky garlic paste
- Cooking spray
- Nonstick aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Shred cheese (2 cups); drain peppers and remove sausage from casing
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet
- Chill 15 minutes (or freeze 10 minutes)
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden
Keywords: sausage cheese poppers, jalapeno poppers