This delicious low-carb soup is oh-so-good! It comes together quickly in a single pot, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time cleaning up afterwards. If you have time, make a double batch and freeze the leftovers to enjoy later.
How to make Spicy White Bean and Cabbage Soup
Start by frying pork sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once done, drain and add the tomatoes, chicken stock, Parmesan rind and seasonings to the same skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Add Cannellini beans and simmer for 25 minutes. Finally, add cabbage and continue simmering for about 10-15 minutes.Print
1 lb. bulk spicy pork sausage, crumbled
1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes, with liquid
3 c. chicken or vegetable stock, preferably organic
1 T. oregano, dried
2 t. garlic powder
3” piece hard Parmesan rind
2 cans (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups fresh cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces
Fresh parsley, washed, stems removed and finely chopped
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Add crumbled bulk pork sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink inside. Carefully drain excess fat from the pan and return to heat.
2. Add diced tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock, oregano, garlic powder, and Parmesan rind to pan. Stir to combine and increase heat to medium-high.
3. Cook until liquid almost boils, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add cannellini beans to pan. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add cabbage to pot and continue simmering until tender, about 10-15 minutes
5. Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If soup is too thick, add a little more stock. If it is too thin, continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.
Keywords: spicy white bean and cabbage soup