This Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is a combination of sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy. The pretzel crust definitely gives this dessert a nice twist....who would have thought.
Ingredients Needed For Making Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Strawberry Jello
- Cool Whip
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese
How To Make The Pretzel Crust
Place pretzels in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush. Pour melted butter & sugar over the crushed mixture and press evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350℉. Let cool.
Tips for Making Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Be sure to spread the cream cheese layer all the way to the edges so that the jello layer doesn’t seep down and make the pretzels soggy.
If Strawberries are not in season you can use frozen.
Be sure to use salted pretzels.Print
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) Jell-O™ strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Set aside to cool at room temperature
- Heat oven to 350° F. In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add Strawberries to gelatin mixture. Carefully spoon gelatin topping over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Enjoy!
Keywords: strawberry Dessert